Publications & Media
Frequently interviewed by the media, Dr. Smerling’s range of expertise and access to information, as well as her involvement in her community at large, make her an ideal subject for interviews on a variety of topics related to therapy and current events.
Dr. Smerling was recently quoted in a piece about the small things one can do to transform your relationship on SheKnows.com. She’s quoted as saying: “The-day-to-day hustle and fast-paced world we live in makes it challenging to really hear others and what makes them...read more
Dr. Smerling was recently quoted in a piece about rocking your pregnancy when you're doing it solo by Parents.com. She’s quoted as saying: "The first thing any woman facing a solo pregnancy should realize is that there are endless options for support," explains...read more
Dr. Smerling was recently quoted in a piece about not connecting with your child post partum by Romper.com. She's quoted as saying: Bonding leads to attachment, and "attachment is the lasting psychological connectiveness between human beings," writes Dr. Kathryn...read more
Dr. Smerling was recently quoted in a piece about asking yourself these four questions before you even think about cheating on Women'sHealth.com. She’s quoted as saying: The first things you should think about are the ramifications if you get caught—because chances...read more
Dr. Smerling was recently quoted in a piece about ways you can make your first vacation as a married couple more enjoyable on Bustle.com. She’s quoted as saying: Going on vacation as a couple can be a thrilling opportunity. Not only that, it's a great way to show...read more
Instep, an early childhood curriculum for the State of New Mexico (Random House)
- Developed Scaffold Curriculum for Columbia University Department of Neuropsychiatry
- Development of Emotional Empathic Curriculum for Residents and Interns at Mount Sinai Hospital Department of OBGYN
- Created Workshop Support Group for Divorced Parents at Brick Church
- Therapist and Group Facilitator, Veritas Prevention Services, New York, NY (1998-1999)
- Continuing Involvement in autism awareness through New York Center for Autism, and Autism Speaks.
Founding member of the Young Friends at The Ackerman Institute for The Family.